This ingredient is commonly used as a surfactant and antibacterial agent and is commonly found in household cleaning products. Benzalkonium Chloride 50% is a colorless Liquid, Soluble in water under normal temperature, Used for Oil Antiseptic, ponds disinfectant. It is a safe, rapid-acting bactericide, algaecide, and Fungicide. Not freezing and keeping liquid status under the very low temperature this product is a nitrogenous cationic surface-acting agent belonging to the quaternary ammonium group. It has three main categories of use; a biocide, a cationic surfactant, and a phase transfer agent in the chemical industry. Benzalkonium chloride is readily soluble in ethanol and acetone. Although dissolution in water is slow, aqueous solutions are easier to handle and are preferred. Solutions should be neutral to slightly alkaline, with colors ranging from colorless to pale yellow. Solutions foam profusely when shaken, have a bitter taste and a faint almond-like odour which is only detectable in concentrated solutions.
About this item
- Benzalkonium Chloride is primarily used as a preservative and antimicrobial agent, and secondarily used as a surfactant.
- It works by killing microorganisms and inhibiting their future growth, and for this reason frequently appears as an ingredient in antibacterial hand wipes, antiseptic creams, and anti-itch ointments.
- In cosmetics, its antimicrobial properties are employed to protect products from spoiling. It’s mostly used in personal care products like rash creme, foot odor powder, facial lotion, cleanser, makeup, and sunscreen.
- BKC is used in hygienic towelettes and wet wipes
- Neutral pH, easy to handle, colorless, odorless, high compatibility with alcohols
- Date First Available : 7 October 2020
- Manufacturer : SHRI VILAKSH ENTERPRISES KANPUR 208017 U.P Help Line: +919260992100 www.loyalgel.com
- ASIN : B08KT1K9DP
- Item part number : BKC5LTR
- Country of Origin : India
- Item Dimensions LxWxH : 21 x 14 x 28 Centimeters