EDTA or ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid is a common ingredient in skincare and body care products. EDTA helps to improve the foaming of cleansers, soaps, and body washes. Two primary forms of EDTA are frequently used in personal care products, Tetrasodium EDTA and Disodium EDTA. The main difference between tetrasodium EDTA and disodium EDTA is the structure of the molecules and the pH. They two have similar uses in cosmetics and personal care products.
About this item
- EDTA works by preventing the growth of biofilms and the outer membranes by inactivation of minerals such as calcium, zinc, and magnesium within the cell. Biofilms are a protective barrier produced by bacteria to protect them from the environment. If these biofilms are unable to be created, bacteria are unable to grow.
- EDTA was initially used to reduce the effects of hard water when manufacturing textiles. EDTA improves the foaming and cleansing abilities of products by forming complexes with the calcium, magnesium, and iron present in water. These complexes form and prevent the build-up of their minerals on the skin or hair.
- EDTA is also valued in skin care applications because of its ability to increase the penetrability of the natural skin barrier and allow deeper penetration by other ingredients. This quality can be especially useful in boosting the effectiveness of certain products by allowing the active ingredients to penetrate deeply, thus producing a more meaningful effect.
- EDTA is a water-soluble ingredient used as a chelator. Chelators or chelating agents bind to mineral ions and inactive them. The chelating characteristics give EDTA the ability to work as a preservative and to help products work better in water with a large number of dissolved minerals or hard water.
- Item Weight : 0.1 Grams
- Date First Available : 21 December 2020
- Manufacturer : SHRI VILAKSH ENTERPRISES KANPUR 208017 U.P Help Line: +919260992100 www.loyalgel.com
- ASIN : B08R3ZYQHH
- Item part number : LEDTA100
- Country of Origin : India