This is the oldest form of purifying water. In this process, water is boiled in a still. The vapor is collected in a condenser and cooled to reform the water. Theoretically, it removes all traces of contaminants except those that boil at a temperature lower than water such as some alcohols. It also will absorb Carbon Dioxide from the air so the pH will typically be lower (pH 4.5 – 5.0).
About this item
- Cosmetic Manufacturing Practice Guidelines place heavy emphasis on the quality of water used for cosmetics production. Distilled water helps cosmetic companies meet those high-demanding quality standards. Sometimes, mediocre water quality can lead to skin irritation and other skin problems and an eventual plummeting of a company’s popularity.
- Distilled water serves as an excellent solvent for cosmetic products. A useful solvent like distilled water helps effectively dissolve all the significant ingredients comprising any cosmetic product. Almost all cosmetic products ranging from lotions, moisturizers, to makeup, shampoo, conditioners, and even shaving creams require water to dissolve all vital solutes.
- Distillation isn’t the only water purification method available at the disposal of cosmetic manufacturers. There are seven different methods, but distillation tops the list in terms of effective purification of all primary salts and other suspended impurities.
- During the process of distillation, water tends to absorb CO2 from the air, thus resulting in a slightly lower pH value around the range of (4.5-5.0). Cosmetic companies prefer this pH range of water for their operations.
- A shocking stat is that most cosmetic products contain somewhere between 50-70% of water. You are essentially shelling out the big bucks for water that you use on your face! Well, it isn’t just water, but mostly water. Cosmetic companies require water void of toxins, microbes, and pollutants for the formulation of skincare products. Distilled water boasts exceptional purity and is a favorite for cosmetics manufacturing.
- Product Dimensions : 4 x 8 x 10 cm
- Date First Available : 3 July 2021
- Manufacturer : SHRI VILAKSH ENTERPRISES KANPUR 208017 U.P Help Line: +919260992100 www.loyalgel.com
- ASIN : B098L5NMSL
- Country of Origin : India